Benefits & Insurance
HR/Payroll Forms
Teacher Contract
Acceptable Use
Online Services
Online Forms
Featured Links
Teacher In-Service
Accounting Manual
Salary Schedule
Sick Leave Info
New Teacher Support Program


Instructions for Retirement*
60 - 90 Days Prior to Retirement (We cannot process retirement applications any earlier than 90 days before your last day of service.)

  1. Fill out a Wilson County Schools Retirement Form and turn into Human Resources.  A copy of the form can be found on-line at:
  2. Run off an Application for Retirement from the TCRS website or click on the following link:  TCRS  Application for Retirement
  3. Following the directions provided, fill in Part I of the application.  It states that your signature must be notarized.  We have notaries in our HR department who can notarize your signature.
  4. Make an appointment with Cathy Lawrence (certified personnel), , or Tracy Fialkowski, , (support personnel)  to fill in Part II of your application.  We will keep a copy of your application on file and you will mail the original to the state.

TCRS has an excellent timeline which can be found at:

* These steps must be followed even if there is an Early Retirement Incentive offered.  If there is an Early Retirement Incentive offer, you will need to carefully follow the steps and timelines it requires in order to get the incentive.  However, none of those steps will substitute for the basic steps to retirement listed above.

  Board Policies
Director of Schools
School Board Info
County Email
Contact Us
State Board of Edu

The Wilson County School System does not discriminate due to age, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, religion, creed, or veteran status in the provision of services, in programs or activities, or in employment opportunities or benefits. Inquiries concerning Title VI or Title IX of the Civil Rights Act should be directed to Monty Wilson at (615) 444-3282. Inquiries concerning Section 504 should be directed to Yvonne Smith at (615)444-3282. Inquiries concerning the American with Disabilities Act should be directed to David Burton at (615)444-3282.